Happy Monday, quilters!
I’ve been perusing the local Craigslist ad for months, just waiting for a sewing cabinet to replace the tiny table that I have been using. This weekend, a nice cabinet appeared in the listing with a 1980s-era Singer sewing machine.
The cabinet does have a few scratches and dings, but my Bernina (mostly) fits into the cut-out space. On my old little table, it just sat on top and didn’t fit flush with the table surface. As a bonus, it has 7 drawers!! My husband helped me pick up the machine and haul it up our stairs. Then, I spent a good chunk of Sunday organizing the space. That it still a work in progress!
Here are some pictures of the new-to-me sewing cabinet in my spare bedroom (aka my sewing studio).
Used Sewing Cabinet
A few small scratches on the sewing cabinet surface
Sewing Room, Right Side
Sewing Room, Left Side
Oh my, looking at those photos, I see that still need to organize some of my fabric that is on the floor!
I also worked a bit more on my Celtic Solstice quilt top. This is a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from last fall, but I’m very behind many of the quilters who have already completed their tops! You can see my part one of this project here.
For part two, I needed to make 100 chevron units for the small-sized version of the quilt. Each chevron uses 6 pieces of fabric for a total of 600 pieces on this step! This was my first time making chevrons, and they went together pretty well by following Bonnie’s instructions.
Here they are after a press and trim:
Celtic Solstice Chevrons
I have added the chevrons to my units from part one, and they are living together in this little basket:
Celtic Solstice, Parts 1 and 2
I’ve started part three for this project, and I think it will go a bit faster than the chevron units. You can still get the instructions for free on Bonnie’s site until June!
Hope you enjoyed the look at my sewing space!